Archive for June, 2010

Rep. Alcover: Truth shall prevail!

June 27, 2010

“We seek the collective wisdom of the Honorable Commissioners to earnestly consider our plight as we vowed to pursue our peaceful campaign in line with our advocacy for our country and people,” said ANAD Rep. Jun Alcover in reaction to a story entitled “Comelec may proclaim partylist groups this week” (page 14, Manila Bulletin, June 27, 2010).

The ALLIANCE FOR NATIONALISM AND DEMOCRACY (ANAD) Partylist is one of the 11 partylist groups whose proclamation was deferred due to a disqualification case filed by a Maoist terrorist pseudo partylist – Bayan Muna through Teddy Casino.

Last week, ANAD Partylist, together with 10 other partylist groups (PLG), filed a Position Paper asking the Comelec Commissioners, sitting as the National Board of Canvassers for Senators and Partylist Groups, to lift its deferment order against the 11 PLGs  as the same is unreasonable, unfair, a bad precedent, and could disenfranchise 6,910,308 voters who cast their votes in favor of the 11 partylist groups.

ANAD believes that the Bayan Muna’s disqualification case is simply nuisance and another form of harassment against ANAD. “We are not cowed or intimidated by Bayan Muna and all of the Maoist terrorist pseudo partylists actions because we have faith in the wisdom of the Commissioners of Comelec to rule in favor of the millions of Filipinos who have strong faith in us,” said Rep. Alcover.

“Truth shall prevail. No amount of fallacy and lies, constantly peddled by Maoist terrorist demagogues and those trying to wiggle through plain opportunism, could deter our resolve to protect our country and people from the fangs of violence wrought by Maoist terrorism,” said Rep. Alcover.

Advertisements

Peace Talks: Travesty of Maoist terrorists’ double-talk and insincerity

June 22, 2010

The bait is now laid out again! The Maoist terrorist CPP-NPA-NDF is now singing a new song yet culled from its own bagful of tricks and lies. The country’s incoming leadership is drawn to the precepts of governance with the 41-year old Maoist terrorist insurgency constantly hanging around.

A cursory look at recent events, statements, and initiatives surrounding the Maoist terrorists’ existence covering about 41-years of lies, decrepit obsession, and evil intentions, would unravel the anti-people, violent, and inhuman ideology that served as the core foundation of Jose Ma. Sison’s life in the realms of his “world of fantasy.”

Unbelievable is the state of mind pervading among those in the top leadership of the Maoist terrorist CPP, its devouring monster NPA, and the NDF- -popular among Filipinos as the master artist in political manipulation and deception.

In his message during the CPP’s 41st founding anniversary, last December 26, 2009, Jose Ma. Sison ordered his cabal of do-gooders to strive hard to be able to achieve the great leap from Strategic Defensive stage to the so-called Strategic Stalemate stage (sic!), within the next 5 years. This he made despite Maoist terrorists’ heavy losses in terms of material and personnel in the past 3 years. Indeed every Filipino has its own chagrin to share after their hard-earned bailout from the claws of Maoist terrorist’s political demagoguery and chicanery.

AFP Chief of Staff Gen. Delfin Bangit’s admission that Armed Forces failed to meet the deadline, set by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, to wipe out Asia’s longest running communist-terrorist insurgency by June 30, 2010, only speaks of one thing – – – THE 41-YEARS OF MAOIST TERRORIST LED INSURGENCY CANNOT BE ADDRESSED AND RESOLVED BY THE MILITARY ALONE BUT THROUGH THE CONCERTED EFFORT OF BOTH GOVERNMENT AND NON-GOVERNMENT AGENCIES AND ORGANIZATIONS.

Knowing the real character and thinking of true-blooded and dyed-to-the wall Maoist communist trotters, the armed struggle is in the same breadth and level with its political/parliamentary struggle. One complements the other. The twin strategies are inseparable.

On the other hand, affording the Maoist terrorists the opportunity for a “political settlement” to end their lingering conflict rings loudly in hallowed space. In fact, this stirred more questions asked than appropriate responses could make.

What does “political settlement” mean? As pointed out by Brig. Gen. Francisco A. Cruz Jr., chief of the Armed Forces’ Civil Relations Service (AFP-CRS) that would mean reviving the often-stalled peace talks between the government and the Maoist terrorist group and signing a peace agreement to end the Maoist terrorist’s long-drawn insurgency(June 21, Philippine Star). But how could the so-called “political settlement” and “graceful exit” be possible if this is extended to a group who, in the past 41-years, has shown its propensity to kill helpless civilians, manipulate people, and are over zealous to spread its Godless and inhuman ideology?

The ALLIANCE FOR NATIONALISM AND DEMOCRACY (ANAD) Partylist stands four-square in support towards all efforts to bring back peace in the country. We should not forget Luis Jalandoni’s statement when he said, “While we do not believe in the holding of peace talks, it is imperative that we use these peace negotiations to advance our struggle against government.”

Along this line, ANAD strongly reiterates our position that the following issues and concerns must first be resolved before any peace negotiation with the Maoist terrorist CPP-NPA-NDF is held:

  1. Is the government talking to a person who could decide with finality and could implement all agreements reached between the GRP and the Maoist terrorist group? During the past peace negotiations, government has been given the run-around and several instances of finger pointing among Maoist terrorist personalities as to who has the final say on vital issues and concerns. As ever, Luis Jalandoni’s heading the Maoist group, during the talks, will always be highly suspect because it clearly speaks of Maoist terrorists’ glaring deception! He does not have the official authority of the CPP’s Central Committee to lead the Maoist terrorist group, in the talks. In such a case, Jalandoni cannot guarantee their group’s full compliance of any agreement. Until such time that the Maoist terrorist group can name a leader with full powers and authority from the Central Committee, to ensure their end’s compliance of any agreement, then Jalandoni’s fixture in the negotiating table is but another puppet hanging on a shoestring and wholly meaningless!
  2. The NPA and all of the Maoist terrorists’ armed groups and personalities must lay down their arms, return to their respective areas, and desist from conducting armed activities against government security forces and civilians, during the pendency of the negotiation. This is to ensure that the incidents of killings, kidnappings, and other atrocities against humanity, that was prevalent during the previous peace negotiations, would never happen while the peace negotiations are going on.

It is only through this that the Maoist terrorists would be able to show their sincerity and commitment towards peace among Filipinos, and not use the negotiations to replenish their logistical needs and operational capabilities and later on resume active operations against government.

True enough, humanity desires a peaceful solution to the decades old problem. Nevertheless, peace should be attained with honor. Honor for our country and people whose untiring adherence to freedom and democracy had been fully expressed by our forebears who have offered the supreme sacrifice for our motherland and the future generations of Filipinos.

ANAD hits NPA’s series of kidnapping!

June 21, 2010

Abduction with impunity! This is the new Maoist terrorist strategy to gain publicity/propaganda mileage and, at the same time, send a strong message to the incoming administration of President-elect Noynoy Aquino that they’re a force to reckon and must not be taken lightly by government.

The ALLIANCE FOR NATIONALISM AND DEMOCRACY (ANAD) Partylist strongly condemns this blatant affront against humanity by Maoist terrorist NPA and the deafening silence by Maoist terrorist pseudo sectoral and partylist organizations on the series of kidnappings committed by their comrades in the Maoist terrorist organization.

“Undeniable is the fact that these self-acclaimed protectors of human rights are openly biased in favor of their comrades in the Maoist terrorist organizations,” said ANAD Rep. Jun Alcover as he pointed to the protest-actions waged by Bayan Muna and its surrogate organizations calling for the release of the so-called Morong 43.

“Indeed the arrest of the Morong 43 was a big blow to their organization but what is evident is their deliberate silence on the number of kidnapping incidents against soldiers, members of para-military forces, and even civilians in the Bicol and Mindanao Regions by Maoist terrorist NPAs,” Rep. Alcover said.

“What happened to Teddy Casino, Joel Maglungsod, Raymond Palatino, Satur Ocampo, Liza Maza, and Rafael Mariano, who vociferously claim to be protectors of peoples’ rights yet are silent on the series of kidnappings perpetrated by the Maoist terrorist NPA,” said Rep. Alcover.

Rep. Alcover was referring to the recent kidnapping of SSg Bienvenido Arguelles of the 25th IB and CAA Job Latiban of the 72nd IB by Maoist terrorist NPA in a checkpoint in Sitio Depot, Barangay Ulip, Monkayo, Compostela Valley Province, last Saturday morning (June 19). The incident happened a few days after 3 army soldiers and 1 CAA members were released by the terrorists in the same province, last week.

“We cannot understand why these self-proclaimed protectors of human and peoples rights are adept to double standard as they shout with gusto, against government, when their members are being arrested for acts committed against government,” said Rep. Alcover.

“They should now show proof, to all Filipinos, that they are not one with and don’t belong to the Maoist terrorist CPP-NPA-NDF,” said Rep. Alcover as he dared the Maoist terrorist pseudo organizations to come out of their shell and declare the real intentions and motives before the Filipino people.

Indeed Odilao was dismissed!

June 16, 2010

DAVID "Boy" ODILAO, JR. No room for government service. (ANAD file photo)

“…. Hence, respondent (David Odilao Jr) is not deserving to stay a minute in government service,” thus said then Executive Secretary Alberto Romulo, in a Resolution of the Office of the President, dated April 20, 2002, affirming the recommendation of the Presidential Commission against Graft and Corruption to dismiss from government service then Cebu’s Customs Collector David Odilao Jr., for “willful, intentional neglect, and failure to discharge the duties of his office which constitute grave misconduct.”

The ALLIANCE FOR NATIONALISM AND DEMOCRACY (ANAD) Partylist recently obtained an official certified copy of the resolution from Director Marianito M. Dimaandal of the Records Office in Malacañang.

“Plain and clear is the fact that the decision of the Office of the President confirming Odilao’s dismissal, as recommended by the PCAGC, borders along the lines of moral turpitude thus his desire to get back into government service, much more as a member of the House of Representative, is highly questionable, suspect, and clouded with devious motives,” said ANAD Rep. Jun Alcover.

“How can one, who was dismissed from government service for grave misconduct in office but ‘jumped the gun,’ so to speak, to evade serious humiliation from among his friends and subordinates in the Bureau of Customs, by filing his certificate of candidacy for Congressman of Cebu’s 2nd District against Cong. Gullas, still think of seeking a Honorable office in Congress, by way of the Partylist system of representation in the House of Representatives, with the dismissal order always tagging in his tails?” asked Rep. Alcover.

It was learned that Executive Secretary Romulo’s decision stemmed from the PCGAC’s recommendation finding Odilao guilty of violating Sec. 3(e) of Republic Act No. 3019 as amended, and Republic Act No. 6713  in the sale of seized items, at the Customs District Office in Cebu, particularly to a certain Virginia Samonte, reportedly a relative of Odilao’s wife, without the requisite approval of the then Minister of Finance, as mandated in Sec. 2610 of the Tariff and Customs Code and other relevant provisions on the Rules of Procedures prescribed by the Commission on Audit.

The aforecited administrative case, with Docket No. OPS-00J-9540 was filed against Odilao Jr. before the PCGAC by Atty. Eriberto Suson, a resident of No. 16-M Sanson Road, Lahug, Cebu City, in an affidavit dated February 21, 1994. The PCGAC averred that because of Odilao’s arbitrary decision to go ahead with the sale, government was deprived expected revenues in the amount of about Php 400,000.00.

“This development has opened a ‘can of worms’ on the real character and thinking of Odilao, which ANAD was not aware, since then,” Rep. Alcover pointed out.

“Now its out in the open as to who is telling the truth or cobbling behind pretensions of good faith and honesty despite incontrovertible facts now presented before the people,” Rep. Alcover opined.

Agcaoili is a cheat!

June 15, 2010

As always, Maoist terrorists’ are caught with their pants down and hands on their mouths! This aptly describes National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) Human Rights Committee (HRC) chairman Fidel V. Agcaoili’s denial of the United Nation’s report saying that the NPA is among the  “top abusers of children in war”.

The ALLIANCE FOR NATIONALISM AND DEMOCRACY (ANAD) Partylist issued this statement as it strongly condemns the continued deception and lies peddled, by the likes of Agcaoili, Joma Sison, Satur Ocampo, Liza Maza, Gregorio ‘Ka Roger’ Rosal, and other Maoist terrorist personalities, to confuse the Filipino people and perpetuate with impunity the climate of hate against government, and violence among our countrymen.

“Undeniable is the fact that not only a few but more than what our fingers and toes could show, are the number of minors who were coerced to be warriors of a Godless and violent ideology,” said ANAD Rep. Jun Alcover.

Alcover cited the case of Regina Obiso, and Albert Estrada, both students of the Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP)-Sta. Mesa, who were duped by Maoist terrorist manipulators and made to believe that they were to undergo “exposure” activities with the rural folks, in mid-2009. The two were later forced to join the armed Maoist NPA, operating in Aurora Province.

He likewise pointed to Zaldy Canete aka Jinggoy, recruited by the NPA when he was 13 years old until his surrender, at 23 years ole, after being wounded in an encounter with government troops.

“Obiso, Estrada, and Canete’s cases are not an isolated. Personally, I am aware that many children were recruited and forced to join the Maoist insurgency and until now have remained with the group because the fear of being killed is so strong,” explained Rep. Alcover while briefly reminiscing his 10-years in the Maoist communist underground movement.

“Needless to argue with Agcaoili for he very well knows the real score yet he salivatingly insist on perpetuating his denials because he cannot gain anything if he makes an open admission of the truth,” said Rep. Alcover who expressed dismay over the fallacies spawned by Maoist terrorist propagandist.

“Woe to them who subsist on the unending fallacy heaped against the Filipino nation and the civilized countries of the world,” Rep. Alcover stressed.

NPA terrorists’ kidnapping-release: A sly

June 15, 2010

The ALLIANCE FOR NATIONALISM AND DEMOCRACY (ANAD) Partylist chides the Maoist terrorist organization for blatant disrespect and willfully violating international humanitarian laws.

The recent statement by Maoist terrorist personalities only proves their penchant for lies, deception, and their unflinching disregard for the rule of law.

“In conscience, I cannot understand why they have to abduct soldiers and later on release them, simply for humanitarian reasons!” said ANAD Rep. Jun Alcover referring to the abduction of unarmed Army Corporals Marcial Bawagan, Ariel Asumo and Eduardo Alcala, and Civilian Auxiliary Army (CAA) member Victor Pitogo in the village of Sawangan in Mawab town in Compostela Valley (ComVal) province, last May 12, while celebrating the birthday of Cpl. Bawagan’s daughter.

“The ‘humanitarian’ consideration has been so much abused by the Godless and violent Maoist terrorist CPP-NPA-NDF. In truth and in fact, their thirst for propaganda mileage plus their very much flawed Peoples Court justice system (sic!) has brought untold sufferings on the Filipino people, specially those in the countryside,” Rep. Alcover pointed out.

ANAD Partylist strongly condemns the widespread abuse of the Filipino people’s rights by groups who openly claim to be protectors of the oppressed and of our people’s rights.

“This vividly demonstrates Maoist terrorists’ blatant and utter disregard for human rights and their vociferous appetite for propaganda mileage to support their indefatigable solicitations of fund from foreign benefactors,” Rep. Alcover said.